Main Diet of Your Discus Fish
A beef heart or turkey heart, fish, shrimp mixture should be the main diet of your discus fish. Use other recommended tropical fish foods as a supplement to vary your fishes diet. If you really want your discus fish to grow, avoid feeding freeze-dried tropical fish foods or tropical fish flake foods as their main diet.
Our Discus Fish Food Recipe
- 350 pounds of turkey hearts (beef heart can also be used)
- 150 pounds of turkey livers
- 100 pounds of peeled shrimp
- 50 pounds of fish fillets (non oily fish)
- 32 pounds of green beans or peas or spinach(food for plecos)
- 20 pounds of fish flake food (to help bind food)
- 10 pounds of oatmeal
- Thaw all frozen ingredients to remove water and blood.
- Cook the hearts, liver, fish and shrimp
- Grind the hearts, liver, fish and shrimp
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Grind the final mixture and put into plastic bags. Flatten mixture in bags to remove air and then store in freezer.
- Thaw before feeding to your discus.
Your discus will love eating homemade fish food!
Other Recommended Tropical Fish Food For Your Discus Fish
- Frozen Blood Worms
- Tetra Color Tropical Granules 10.58oz
- Frozen or Live Adult Brine Shrimp(artemia)
- Mosquito Larvae
- Daphnia (great for small fish fry)
- White Worms
- Mysis Shrimp
- Chopped up Red Worms
- Live Black Worms
- Omega One Cichlid Flakes 5.3oz